This weekend we had 3 reasons to head up to the SLC area. We got to visit my niece and sister-in-law, Kairi and Liz, meet Marcus' niece for the first time, Brooklyn Mei, and see Marcus' mom, even if it was only for a few minutes.
Marcus, Pace, and I left Mesquite right after I got off work at 5. We stopped at In-n-Out in St. George, and I remember why I don't like it much. In order for the fries to be good, I have to eat them in like 3 minutes. Well, stupid me did that, and it made me sick. So I didn't feel good for most of the way up. We finally got to the meeting point and dropped Pace off and found our way to Jenny and Johnny's house (Thanks a TON guys!). Susan was so nice to wait up for us so we could visit. We didn't get to bed until like 1 or something, and only got 5 hours of sleep so we could visit with her again before she left back to Virginia. This is a very cute picture of Marcus & his Mom.

The rest of Saturday was spent visiting Jenny, Johnny, Baby Brooklyn, and going to the Gateway with Pace, Liz, and Kairi.
I could have held baby Brooklyn all day. She is so cute. I'm jealous because she has pretty skin, and all my kids are doomed to have pasty white skin. I never heard her cry. She whined a little bit, but never cried. I hope my babies are as good as she was. She has this cute little squeak sound she makes. Ah! She was adorable. The rest of Marcus' family needs to get busy and have babies for us to hold Ü
Brooklyn Mei Yee
Marcus was pretty excited to go see her. He held her a lot more than I expected.
I don't know why Blogger turned this picture, but Brooklyn does this cute thing. She stretches out and just sits there. She was sleeping and stretched her legs out straight as a board. I thought it was cute.
We tagged along with Pace and Liz to the Gateway Mall. We went to Build-a-Bear and Kairi made the cutest Elephant, named Ellie of course. Then we went and tried Thai food for the first time. It wasn't that great. I don't like spicy, and everybody's chicken was spicy, not to mention our waiter wasn't the greatest. After that, it was time to feed Kairi, so we found shade and hooked up the tubes. 

The coolest part was going to the Discovery Museum. I've never been to anything like it. It was a big play place for kids. It was either 3 or 4 stories. I loved the little village inside. It has a house, farm, store, post office, construction site,.... and more. It was way cool. Kairi and I even dressed up as cows at the farm.Kairi's favorite thing was the flight for life helicopter. I think it was a real one that was re-done so people could sit in it and play and stuff. She was way excited to be the pilot.


The last adventure for the day was the Planetarium. It was so neat! They have a huge marble machine. It would entertain Marcus and I all day! Marcus found an Airzooka there, and had to buy it. it's pretty cool!

After our adventure, we went back to Jenny's and attempted to watch Happy Valley. Well, it was a dumb movie in my opinion. It was a documentary about Utah and their drug problems. We turned it off not too far into it. Then the exhaustion hit me and I fell asleep in about 2 seconds.
On Sunday Marcus and I intended on going to church with Pace, Liz and Kairi, but both of us were reading the clock wrong, and missed it. So, we visited with Jenny and Johnny longer, and got to hold Brooklyn more. No complaints here! Then we headed to the hospital and visited Kairi and Liz before we headed home. As we were walking up to her room, we were stopped because a pack of Harley Davidson people were stompin' down the hall. Marcus leaned over to me and said, "I should have worn my leather jacket." We got to the room, and those guys were there giving toys to the kids in the hospital. Kairi got a spiffy Mr. Potato Head, Mr. Pop Corn and Mr. something Carrot. They were all Potato heads type of things. She was excited!

Marcus got us home in record time last night. We made it in less than 5 hours WITHOUT a pee break. That's a new one. I have never made it to or from Salt Lake without stopping. We had to stop for some gas though. Now we are back to our home sweet home!
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun trip! I hate having to eat my fries fast, too. :)
Hey guys thanks so much for coming up to visit. We had so much fun! Hopefully we won't be here too much longer
Love you tons,
Liz & Kairi
Post a Comment