Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Parents for the Weekend

This weekend Marcus and I babysat Mike and Becky's kids while they had a night away. I was nervous about Conner. He's quite the Momma's boy, but he didn't cry much. Here's a list of a few things that we did.

We ate at a... (Fancy resturant). I went home to get our church clothes and came back and found Caitlin had made the dining room into a resturant, made up menus, and set the table. She was the waitress and I got the title of cook. It was fun.

There were a few tantrums
We learned how to take pictures and had fun being silly.

Uncle Marcus played with us in the dirt. We made a ramp for the cars to go down. It was a nice break from being inside.

Caitlin and I got ready to go to St. George for Kari's baby shower. Caitlin even got 2nd place in a game. The "guess the size of Kari's belly by cutting this piece of yarn." She was within an inch, bu Kari's sister, Katelyn, guessed dead on.

What great weekend would be complete without the Wii?

All in all, it was a great weekend. We had lots of fun playing with the kids. We don't see them a whole lot, because when we go over there to play games with their parents while they're in bed. We are considering becoming professional over night babysitters. Any takers?

4 comments:

Julz said...

Ooooh!! ME! ME! ME!!

Ashlie said...

ME, ME, ME, I get first dibs, after all I am your FAVORITE big sister!!

Marcus n McKenzie said...

Just tell us when. Marcus wasn't so sure about becoming professional, but he's willing to do it for people we know.

Mike and Becky Kennedy said...

Thanks again McKenzie and Marcus! The kids totally loved it and they still talk about the chocolate chip pancakes and ask for them on a regular basis. What a relaxing time that Mike and I had and really if you don't mind, we would like to schedule you again for the 6th of March. :) That would just make our day!!!