So, for our 1st anniversary, we headed to Salt Lake City to just get away. We haven't been on vacation alone since our honeymoon, so we decided now was the perfect time. We splurged and stayed at the Little America. No complaints there. It was well worth it! The guy at the counter convinced us to upgrade our room to double the size, and be in the tower part of the hotel for $20 extra dollars a night. They had a bigger bathtub. That was the clincher right there! Anytime I can get a bath in a nice tub, I jump on the chance. We don't have a tub in our apartment :(
Our hotel room. The nice king sized bed (apart of the upgrade and well worth it. The first night I dreamt twice I fell out of bed, if I was in a queen, I may have.)
The extra 300 feet of hotel we got. It was SO nice.
Our bathroom. The tub is behind those glass doors on the right. There was a vanity area this same size just outside that door. HUGE bathroom.
Saturday night we went to the Jazz vs. Suns game. Marcus was SO excited. We were about 10 rows from the very top, but it was still so much fun... For the most part. Jazz had a 20 something point lead in the 1st half, and by the end of the 3rd quarter, they were LOSING! Then they finally pulled it off in overtime to win. I think they should have lost personally. They deserved it. How can you lose a 20 something point lead? HONESTLY! We almost got up and left to do some swimming after the 3rd quarter because I was not very happy, but we're glad we stuck it out and saw them win... Well, we left with 4 seconds left.
The view from our seats
We got dippin dots. It was EXPENSIVE, but worth it. This one's for you, Branae.
The score when we decided to leave.
Me trying to keep myself entertained on the walk back to the hotel. I never knew how many homeless people there were in SLC. They were scaring me. I was trying hard to not make contact, and Marcus wasn't allowed to let go of my hand. Isn't he just SO cute?!
Today we went to sacrament meeting with Marcus' family and ate taquitos (Marcus' choice... imagine that Ü) and tacos. And then we just got to visit for a while. I'm a flake and forgot to take pictures with them. One day I'll be good at this whole taking pictures thing. We even had to walk back to the hotel for the camera before the game, because I forgot.

This morning we were expecting nice weather in the mid 50s, but I looked outside and is was SNOWING! UGH!! It snowed all the way from Salt Lake to Cedar City. I made Marcus drive in the snow, but I now wish I would have switched him. I had the steering wheel turned about 45 degrees all the way home, just to stay on the road. Talk about scary! I was SO nervous. I held onto the steering wheel so hard, my hands hurt when we finally got to Mesquite. Here's the proof. The best part of our $20 upgrade was the underground parking. That was totally worth it for me. We didn't have to walk in the snow!!
The view out of hotel room window. Perfect start to our bad day.
We stopped to use the potty in Fillmore, and our doors were frozen shut! UGH!!

4 comments:
Happy Anniversary! That's exciting! :) Vonae and I want to do the same type of thing with the temples, but baptisms of course. I think it'll be neat. When the Oquirrh Mountain Temple is done (around August or Semptember?) there will be 130 temples! How amazing! I'm glad you had a good time though and made it back safely even with the crazy weather! :)
Sounds like you had fun, except the ride home! I hate driving home in weather like that, it scares me a lot. We try to do sealings for our anniversary every year too. It is so neat! I am glad that you made it home safe! Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary, and many more to come.
If you think the first year went by fast, wait until you are celebrating 10 years. Philip & I just celebrated our 10th and I swear it was just yesterday we were married. :)
Happy Anniversary to you guys! Sounds like you had a nice time, minus the snow.
What a nice room! I miss downtown- you made me a little homesick! I'm glad you guys had a good time!
Post a Comment