We haven't updated for a while, so here's a little bit of what's going on in our lives. I will try to make this as exciting as possible. Ü
Marcus is continuing to work at Falcon Ridge Golf Course as a valet, and will work hopefully 2 days a week after he starts school just so we can stay afloat. He starts school August 10th, and told me he was excited about it. I asked if he was being sarcastic, and he said, "No, I'm really excited to start!" I think we're both ready for a change from the golf course. Working for family isn't my cup of tea.
I am still working my life away at SouthWest Federal. Most days are slow, but some (like today) are pretty busy. We're the only open branch, so we get to answer all the phone calls, not just some of them. I am studying to be a financial counselor (IDK if I said anything about that before.) and hopefully can make my job a bit more enjoyable and busier. I am also thinking of being a grocery smarts instructor. That might be the extra boost of income we need so Marcus doesn't have to work at all. I love coupon shopping, and want to teach everybody how to save the money I do!
Marcus' brother, Robby, has been staying with us since.... um... I can't remember. It's been a while. He tends to hang out in his room and play the Xbox or watch anime. He's obsessed with Phoebe. I'm glad he likes her because now we can leave her home with him while we're at work and not have to tote her to my Mom's everyday. Robby just got off his mission in March, and is available! If anybody knows someone we could set him up with, let me know. He needs to meet people. He's 22 btw. Please don't mention I put that on here :) He'll curse me if he finds out :D
We have decided we need to sell a car... We originally intended on sell my car (Aveo) but have since decided to sell the Versa instead. If you know anybody that's interested, let me know! It's a good little car, but our new school budget doesn't allot for 2 nice cars, just 1 :(
We are currently taking a marriage class with couples from our ward. It is really fun to sit and talk to people who have been there, done that, and get their opinions. It's great to learn what we should be doing as a couple, and get tips from those with kids. It's also letting us get to know other people in our ward we wouldn't talk to otherwise.
Marcus is still dedicated to basketball every Tuesday night. He's going to end up in the emergency room one of these weeks. He always comes home with a sore leg, shoulder, bruises or other things. Or stories of people getting hurt.
Anyway, I have to go. I really should be working :)
1 comment:
Wow, you two keep busy! Thanks for the updates, and I'll try to keep quiet about the little tidbit on Robby, I loved it!
Post a Comment