Thursday, July 28, 2011

What Happened To Our Infant?

In the last 10 days, Max has become a TOTALLY different baby. He changed from an infant to a baby... if that makes sense. His personality is certainly shining through! Here are some of the things that he has accomplished in the last 10 days.

Clapping! Generally, when you say "YAY!" or start singing the potty dance song (you know the one from the training pants commercials? Yeah, it's his favorite) he will start clapping all by himself. He randomly claps throughout the day as well.

Crawling! Although he isn't very good yet and hasn't truly figured out he can get anywhere he wants (thank goodness) he knows he can get to the toy 10 feet away. This has made for a happier baby and a happier Mommy.

Talking! He started babbling a lot more. It's like he knows what he's trying to say, but we still have yet to decode it. But the biggest accomplishment is he says Dada! This morning I showed him a picture of Marcus and said, "Who's this?" He said "Dada." I'm pretty sure it was a fluke, but I'm not going to say that to Marcus :) He also got his hand stuck between the mattress and headboard. He couldn't see me because I was behind him. He was looking all over, and finally started saying "Da da da da.." Like he was calling Marcus to come save him. It was too cute.

High Chair! Before, we would just feed him in the bumbo or sitting on the floor, but he has become way too curious, and now has to be restrained in the high chair. He figured out how to escape the bumbo!

Sitting in the Bath! He usually lays and kicks and splashed while he's in the bath, but recently he has been sitting and starting to figure out that he can splash with his hands also. He still prefers to lay down and splash, but he's figuring out his body.

Lower crib! We figured it wouldn't be too long that he would be standing up on his own, so he is now lower in his crib. Thank goodness because...

Standing! Just this morning, I was sitting on the bean bag, and next thing I know, Max is standing along side it. I was shocked!









With all these things, it's hard to remember the tiny baby we brought home from the hospital. I am loving this more fun and playful stage. Marcus is definitely loving it. He's been waiting for Max to be more mobile, talkative, and playful.

1 comment:

JenniSue said...

He is just so freakin' cute! Everytime I see a baby in one stage or another I remember Brooklyn at that point. Each stage has it's perks and of course the downfalls. I'm not overly fond of her new "be as noisey as I can/whiney/ask the same question over and over and over..." stage. I love that she can tell me what she wants/needs, and can actually help a little around the house.

Enjoy each new stage, they are all awesome!