One of Marcus' brothers had a My Buddy doll when he was little. It looked eerily similar to the Chucky doll. After watching that movie, he went into his room and beat the doll against the bed until his head fell off. I giggled all night thinking about this. It still makes me giggle. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but now it is... Maybe not to Tyson though.Anyway, we joked about sending one of these dolls to Tyson for his birthday, so I started googling to see what this doll looked like and if they were even available, and I found this...
A My Kid Sister Doll!
I had one when I was younger and she was my favorite. I have no idea what happened to her, but I was so excited to see this! Marcus' response was, "Really, Love, you're 25 years old." I don't care if I'm 25, I was still very excited. I looked on eBay, and you can still buy them! One of these may end up at our house in the future... For Max of course. :) It has long 'real' hair. might replace his obsession of playing with my hair. Cora will be big enough for a doll soon enough too.

3 comments:
Yes McKenzie, IT and Chucky...both scary. I mean if you watch a movie when you are a kid and then at age 19-20 find yourself hiding in the freezer at McDonald's because Ronald is making an appearance....probably equals shouldn't have watched that show. We might have had two of those my buddy dolls.
My buddy,
My buddy,
wherever I go, he goes.
My buddy,
My buddy,
My buddy and me!
Kid sister,
Kid sister,
wherever I go, you're gonna go.
Kid sister,
Kid sister,
Kid sister and me!
I LOVE THE 80's!
My question is, if someone was young enough to still have the Buddy doll in their room, why the heck were they allowed to watch horror movies?! I mean, I never watched the Chucky movies, but I'm guessing they were geared toward more mature audiences?
Do you remember when Noah carried abound the doll I had when I was little for a long, long time? It was sweet. ;)
Oh Jenny! Your comment makes me laugh! I had forgotten the theme song (or jingle or whatever it is) until you wrote it. Thanks... :)
Natalie, that was my question exactly. Why were they watching those movies when they were that little. Marcus' answer was "I don't know, probably Shaun." I never watched either show, and don't plan on it. Scary movies aren't my thing. I do remember that doll. I thought it was cute when he carried it around. He didn't care that it wasn't 'manly'. The kid sister/my buddy dolls were cute too, unless you watched Chucky :)
Post a Comment