We hope everybody had an amazing Independence Day! We went to McKenzie's Parent's house for a BBQ and to watch the fireworks, and of course for the homemade ice cream tradition. We got there about 7 and the fireworks weren't until 9:30. Marcus had been wanting to go ice blocking, so we went up to the high school and rode down the hill on big lumps of ice. Logan brought some friends and their family down to watch the firework in Mesquite, because obviously they are better than St. George! They went ice blocking with us. I went down the hill once with Shaynie. She loved it and wanted to go down a second time, so off we went. We made it all the way to the bottom and biffed it! She started screaming bloody murder, "my toe! MY TOE!" So I carried her up the hill thinking she had broken her toe, because shes really isn't an exaggerator. I got her to stop crying and all of the sudden the pain went away. Thank goodness. I didn't wanna be the cause of her breaking her toe.
We headed back to my parent's house and ate dinner. Dad and Liz made BBQ shishkabobs, BBQ corn on the cob (YUMMY!) and broccoli salad. We got our plates of food and went out to watch the fireworks, because it was about 3 minutes to 9:30.
After watching the pretty fireworks I went inside. It was my sister-in-law Liz's birthday on the 3rd, so I made a cake for her. As I was getting ready to light the candles, one of my cousin's comes in and says, "You're gonna be bailing your husband out of jail in a minute." I didn't really listen, just kinda brushed it off. Then I saw all the littler cousins huddled around the door. My lovely husband shot off a bottle rocket right in front of a cop. Now is that intelligent or what?!He confiscated the bottle rockets that he could see, then went back to patrolling. Luckily no handcuffs or anything. :) Then we sang to Liz, and ate cake and homemade ice cream! It was a fun and pretty adventurous day.
2 comments:
Glad Marc didn't get into too much trouble. When we went outside this morning we discovered that at least one of our neighbors lit off some bottle rocket type fireworks (the ones that have a stick and fly in the air) and they all seemed to land in our yard. Needless to say I was not very happy. We got lucky that no fire was started. I used to love fireworks until we got a dog who gets freaked out by the noise and neighbors who can't keep their fireworks in their own yard. Yes, this has not been my favorite 4th of July.
Sounds like a fun 4th, other than the cop thing. It was really windy here, so we didn't see much of a fireworks show. The kids were disappointed, but we still had a fun time at a BBQ and pool party at our friends' house.
Post a Comment