So, Marcus and I, yes, both of us together, have been trying to be creative! He's such a good husband! Our first attempt was on Thursday. It was my brother, Ren's, birthday. I asked Marcus if he would go to the store and buy some stuff to make cupcakes in ice cream cones, because they are so much better than regular cupcakes. I also said, if you want you can make them to! *wink wink* So I get home and the batter is already, but no cupcakes yet. He showed me the stuff he got. He got FuNfEtTi batter and frosting, so "Ren could re-live his childhood"(or something to that effect) was his reasoning. Then he got cones and waffle bowls. We decided since it was Ren's day, he should get the BIGGEST and best cupcake, so we made his in a waffle bowl and the others in cones. Amazingly, it turned out great! Ren said the cupcake was good, but the bowl got soft in the middle.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REN!
We went to Mike and Becky's house for dinner one night, and she showed me this shelf and picture frames that Mike made her just out of wood, and they look like she bought at Tai Pan or Krumpets or something. A few days later I was looking for picture frames to hang a big picture of us in, and one of each of us on the side, so 3 total. Everwhere I looked, the big frames that I wanted were close to $100. I just about died. I'm cheap, and don't enjoy spending tons of money on stuff. So... *DING* the lightbulb went off in my head, and I realized I could make picture frames just like Becky did, that look like the simple frames I wanted for MUCH cheaper! So we got the big frame done, and have to work on the two smaller ones now, but I wanted to post how the first one turned out. I was excited!
Amazingly, Marcus was into doing this stuff just as much as I was. He definitely isn't your typical guy. He does love his Fantasy Football (GO Spongemonkeys!), ESPN, and Tiger Woods Golf '09, but he also likes doing things with me that are crafty. It's so great! I try to be into the things that he likes, and I've learned a lot. I can tolerate them for a few hours, then it's time to do something productive!
Our next 2 attempts were with pictures hanging on the wall. We stole both of them from sisters-in-law. Sorry, but they were such good ideas! I couldn't help myself.
Liz, my sister-in-law, was telling me how she was going to hang her marriage license, the proclamation and a picture of her and Pace at the temple on the wall all together. What a great idea! When we got married, the sealer gave us all those things, minus our picture, and so I decided they could all go together like she planned! Here's how it turned out. It took me FOREVER to decide how to hang them. I'm anal like that about somethings.
5 comments:
Good job, they all look great! When are you going to teach me how to be crafty like you?
Good job Mackenzie. I really like the picture frame you made!!!
Ashlie, none of these crafty ideas were mine. I stole the first one from YOU! Marcus came up with the waffle bowl idea.
The picture ones were stolen from Becky and Liz. Therefore, I am not as crafty as you think. I just enjoy stealing other people's craftiness!
the frames are really cute. and the cupcakes look really yummy!
McKenzie....I'm VERY impressed with your frame! It looks very professional. It's always fun to make something yourself and save money...especially if your hubby will help you. Layne has helped tie many a quilt with me! Tell your mom hi for me. Miss you guys,
Melanie
Post a Comment