Happy New Year! The starting of this year almost feels like a new life to me. I don't know about Marcus, but it's definitely different. Not very many things have stayed the same these last few months.
In December I started working in St. George rather than Mesquite. They closed the Mesquite branch of the credit union, but I was lucky enough to keep a job. I work in the call center. I generally answer stupid questions all day, but it's a job that keeps me busy, and I love it. There are 3 other ladies in the call center that are all over 50 (I think. I've worked there for 3 weeks, and that's the conclusion I've come to. I'm smart enough to not ask.) then me. It's interesting listening to them. Most of the time I have no idea what they are talking about. I sit in my little corner and will the clock to move faster. I'm the only active LDS member that I have figured out. They talk alot about old celebrities, singers, and things I didn't learn in my little, sheltered, LDS upbringing, but that's alright with me. I wouldn't have it any other way.
We moved in with my Mom and Dad at the beginning of December. I thought I was going to lose my job for 2 weeks, and that was the most logical decision money-wise, so we started moving, and decided we are going to stay and pay off at least one car while living here. Wish us luck! Car payments are the pits! We have a bedroom, and share the bathroom, but that's OK. As long as Marcus is here, I don't mind. It's weird now though, we do have to make sure we close the doors when we change and things, because just being the 2 of us with hardly any visitors, we didn't have to worry about that kind of thing. (Oops... TMI, sorry.)
Today was our first day as non-sunbeam teachers. We got to go to Sunday School for the first time since we were married, and attend Relief Society and Elder's Quorum. It was different. We couldn't pull out snacks to share when our tummys started growling, we couldn't talk while the conductor/teacher was talking, and it was quiet. It's going to take some getting used to and some discipline to get us (well, at least me) back into learning mode, rather than babysitting mode. We both already have calls. I guess that's the way it goes when you live with the bishop. Marcus gets to teach Elder's Quorum lessons on the 2nd and 3rd week. I am... I really don't know my official title, but here's what I THINK they called it... Relief Society Meeting Assistant Coordinator. I really couldn't tell you what I'm supposed to do... Something with our Tuesday night activities... I'm not really sure.
Marcus got 2 weeks of for Christmas Break, and he's had fun doing nothing. I wish working people got Christmas and Semester breaks. Sheesh!
My posts have been really boring as of late. My favorite part are the pictures, and since our 4th of July trip and insane hail/sleet/snow/rain storm, our camera has not worked. :( I thought I might get a new one for Christmas, but I didn't... Hopefully we will be proud new owners of one soon.
Biggest Loser starts Tuesday!
Lately I have been trying to turn off the noise in my life. I realized that most of my day consisted of working or sitting on the computer or Wii. It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would. I have realized that things I made a priority in my life... Facebook games, blogging, giveaways... we're really that important. I don't know what I do with all the time I don't spend doing those things, but it's been nice.
2 comments:
YAY for Biggest Loser starting. I kind of got addicted last season. Rob got me a Wii Fit (do you guys have that game?)for Christmas because I'm super whimpy. The trainer on there isn't as cool as Jillian, but that's alright.
My camera is broken too...
And, we live with our parents too. It's not too bad actually. There isn't anyone besides his parents living here so that's REALLY nice. I don't know if I could live with my brothers and sisters again...or his for that matter. I love them all, but...yeah. Anyway, sorry for writing a novel...I should have just written you an e-mail.
Hi Kenzie,
I'm not too sure how to do this, so hopefully it works. Sounds like your changes in life have turned out just fine. Change is always a good thing in the long run, especially when you're living like your supposed too. Sorry you didn't get the camera you wanted, but it's been fun reading about what you've been up to. Tell your family and Marcus hi for me. Miss you all!
Kim Syphus
Post a Comment