Friday, August 26, 2011

Sleepy Baby

Max loves his sleep. He is usually pretty good about laying down and taking a nap, or falling asleep at night. If he is tired, all you need to do is put him in the car seat and he is OUT. He was playing with a water bottle one day while we were driving and we looked back to find this...

He jumped (you know when you're almost deep asleep, but not quite and you dream you fall off a cliff or something? That kind of jump), and ended up like this.
Apparently he didn't mind at all. Marcus had to take the water bottle away and he didn't even budge.


We took him to the doctor on Monday because he hasn't been sleeping well AT ALL. He had a double ear infection. Poor boy. He was so tired the whole trip. He kept falling asleep within the 5 minutes from destination to destination. Eventally he gave up and fell dead asleep. We took him out of the car seat, wrapped him up, and laid him in our shopping cart and he didn't even move. He must have been tired!


Now, he wakes up in the middle of the night and screams until we get him. Not crying, but full on screaming. He ends up in our bed pretty much every night, otherwise nobody in the house would get sleep. He is a bed stealer. 99% of the time he invades my space and I end up with about 6 inches of the bed, no joke. The 1% of the time he stole his Dad's side, I got proof. It is quite annoying! Any suggestions to make him sleep through the night?

3 comments:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

Marshall was sick last week too. TOTAL NIGHTMARE! His schedule was all messed up, he screamed bloody murder and I was about to sell him to the circus. But he's feeling better and pretty much back to normal sleeping routines. Hopefully Max will get back to usual too. I'm so sorry, I totally feel for you!

Kari said...

HAHAHA! Those first pictures are so cute. Well, all of them are cute, but I can't believe he stayed asleep like that. It looks painful.
Linkon did the same thing (screamed his baby pants off during the night) when we were living with Rob's parents, so we ended up putting him in our bed. Now though, he's finally graduated to a mattress at the foot of our bed. Still not ideal, but at least I'm not getting kicked off the bed. Good luck with that.

JenniSue said...

So he's a bed stealer too? Brooklyn sleeps sideways so she head butts one of us and kicks the other when we let her in our bed. She also usually won't go back to sleep, she stays awake rolling this way and that (we really don't like her in our bed). We never really put Brooklyn in our bed (she was a pretty good sleeper) so I can't tell you a success story, sorry. She is almost three and still wakes up in the middle of the night and comes into our room and wants one of us to sleep in her room so I can't even tell you that it goes away at a certain age. All I've got is...good luck, remember he's a cutie even if he is stealing your sleepy time.